Friday, January 18, 2013

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - A Recipe Challenge, Merry Monday #45 {Sketch} and CCAYR - January Challenge "Anything Goes Christmas"

Hello dear blog friends - hope this weekend finds you to be happy and healthy! I have made a fun card based on the challenge issued by our wonderful Ruth for 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown . Ruth has chosen a recipe challenge - 1) use patterned paper, 2) use glitter and 3) you must decorate the inside of your card.   So here is what I came up for our darling Ruth's challenge at 52CCT:
the front with the DSP and the glitter paper

and here's the inside:

Whenever I'm faced with a challenge like this I like to have a sketch to help ground all the ideas that start flying around in my head.  So I went and checked out another one of my favorite challenges Merry Monday to see if they had a sketch this week and to my delight they did.  Here is the  Merry Monday #45 sketch challenge that I used for my card:
I have found that I like to make cards using punches (I think I might actually have way too many of them so I need to find new ways to use them every chance I get to make me feel better about how many I own - LOL :o) ).  I am also entering this card in the Christmas Cards All Year Round January Challenge "Anything Goes as Long as its Christmas".  I hope you like this card and thanks for stopping by to visit me today.  

I hope you will decided to accept Ruth's challenge this week.  You only need to link up the front of your card on the challenge site - but remember to show us a picture of the inside on your blog so we can see it when we come to visit you.  I can't wait to see what you come up with! 

Pop in and visit the other lovely ladies who have made some fabulous cards for your inspiration too.  Til next time...Hugs and Happy Crafting!  P.S. Hello to my two new followers - I'm honored that you've joined in :o) 


11 comments:

  1. this is such a fun card! The paper is fabulous and great way to use your punches x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cheeky little elf Danielle and the traditional colour combo. Following a recipe is a lot of fun and all the DT have come up with such different cards. Your sentiment is also fab - I must look out for more like this myself!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card so much Danielle - your elf is so jolly - lovely decoration inside your card too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute Christmas Elf! Lovely card and I do like the sentiment inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word Danielle - what a sweet elf! I broke out into a big goofy grin of delight when I saw your card my friend! I love the detail on the hat! You did a great job with the sketch too - what a fab layout, I just might have to try that one!
    I love the sentiment inside, the happiness goes so well with the happy elf on the front!
    {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card, Danielle! That elf makes me smile from ear to ear! Thanks for sharing him with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your elf is just so cute, Danielle! He works perfectly with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Danielle, this is SO cute!!! LOVE that little elf and I adore the cleanness of your design! This is amazing and I just love everything about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute punched elf. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your punch art elf is awesome Danielle! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card, your little elf darling. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!