Sunday, January 20, 2013

Seize the Birthday #2 {Masculine} and Mo's Digital Challenge #169 - "Emboss it w/a Mo Image"



Hello friends! Feeling a little guilty 'cause I've taken a little time to catch up on some of my DT upcoming cards and make a couple new ones as well to enter in a couple of fun challenges,  instead of doing laundry and other housework.  I did say a little guilty, didn't I - hehehe.  Last week I participated in the first Seize the Birthday challenge with a feminine card. This week the challenge is to use the same sketch but make a masculine card with it. Here is the sketch (which you can see I flipped to a horizontal orientation):

Since I used one of my favorite masculine images from Mo Manning I am also entering this card in the Mo's Digital Challenge #169 - "Emboss it w/a Mo Image".  I used dry embossing on the bottom panel of my card. The digital image i used is called "King for the Day".  I tried to make the chair fabric look like suede (or aged leather) - it was a bit challenging for me, but it didn't turn out too bad. This card reminds me of my husband who is the very happiest with a Diet Coke in one hand and the remote in the other.  Since I left the sentiment off the front, here's a quick photo of the inside - kept it very clean and simple as I think a man might like :o).
So that's it for me tonight. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me - I'm sure glad that you did. Til next time... hugs and happy crafting! 

4 comments:

  1. Such a great image Danielle! Love how you used the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS style card and a manly one too. LOL Thanks so much for playing along with my embossing challenge this week at Mo's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab colouring danielle

    Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday this week
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best "guy" card...I may have to use this fun Mo image for my BIL's b-day card. I love it!! Fabulous coloring!! Thank you so much for joining us for this week's "Emboss It" Challenge at Mo's. Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!