Monday, January 14, 2013

Seize the Birthday #1 - Feminine {A Dress 4 U}

Hello dear friends and followers, thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!  Tonight I made a card for a new challenge that started this week called seize the Birthday.  This is a challenge that is solely dedicated to birthday cards and switches from one week to the next between feminine and masculine birthday cards.  I was really intrigued by the first sketch and LOVE the idea of a birthday card each week - but I was worried I might not get to play along right from the start the way my weekend and Monday went.  Nonetheless where there is a will, there is a way and I managed to eek out enough time to make this fun card.  Here is the sketch from STB #1 that my card is based on:
In addition to being able to make a card to enter I also got to use some of my new goodies from the Stampin Up! spring catalog (the dress and stand die and DSP).  I think it kind of looks like a dressing room with wall paper and a fancy door behind the dress on display.  The main shape didn't leave me much room for a sentiment on the front so I very carefully snipped out the tiny piece of paper to make it look like a tag hanging from the dress and hung it with some twine.  Hope it didn't make it look "Minnie Pearl" by adding it. Here's the inside with the sentiment for the Birthday part :o):

I hope you like this card - I am pleased with how it turned out and I had fun making it to share with you.  Til next time... hugs and happy crafting.

5 comments:

  1. I love this, so feminine and the colors are girly too, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dressform on this card... and what fun to have a solely Birthday card challenge. I might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! Love the colors you used on here - so fun and bright! That DP you used and the embossing folder is fabulous too!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle. What a fantastic card!! Great DP ... so colorful and fun ... and turns out it's fantastic for dress fabric :) So sweet! Love the necklace bling and the sash with flower - great finishing details! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and colorful card! Love the modern feel of your papers, and if that dress had been for real, it's definitely one I would wear:) Cool and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!