Friday, January 11, 2013

52CCT January Color Challenge #13 and Christmas Cards All Year Round - January Challenge "Anything Goes Christmas Card"

Hello friends - time for the second challenge of 2013 from 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  Ruth is our DT  hostess this month and she has chosen a gorgeous color combo for you.  Here's what I did with it:
Stamps: Snow Swirled and Greetings of the Season (both from Stampin Up!),
Cardstock: Concord Crush and Brushed Silver (both SU)
 Ink: Elegant Eggplant,Whisper White and Versamark (all SU)
Embossing powder: white and silver. Ribbon and pearls from Stampin Up!
 
Ruth always finishes the insides of her cards and usually the envelopes as well. She has inspired me to do a better job of decorating the insides of my cards as I am finishing them (instead of later). I used the same snowflakes inside but this time in the Elegant Eggplant color and chose to leave a second sentiment off to have more writing room.  

Now I'm on my way to having a fabulous stash of cards in plenty of time for Christmas and I can stretch out the fun of making my cards over the next 50 weeks instead of sitting for hours at one time on just Christmas cards.  Will you choose to take the 52CCT challenge and get a jump-start on your Christmas cards? I sure hope so because we love to see what you create and visit your blogs.  Pop on in to 52CCT and see the other gorgeous cards that our DT has made for you using Ruth's fabulous colors this week.  Hope to see your card in there soon!

Don't forget...we are having a Design Team call throughout January! If you would like to apply for a spot on the 52CCT team please make a card for EVERY January challenge and ensure you add DT after your name when you link up your cards for the challenges.

I am also entering this card at:  Christmas Cards All Year Round - January Challenge - Anything Goes as Long as its a Christmas Card. 

Til next time... Hugs and happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Stunning! The snowflakes really pop against the elegant purple - and I love the matching inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Danielle! LOVE the gorgeous stamping--I think I might have to dig that set out! ;) The silver really looks amazing against the deep purple. HUGS and happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classy, elegant and downright beautiful Danielle - I LOVE your card! Like Mynnette you are awarded Muzzy Merit points for a decorated inside! ; ) A beautifully decorated inside I might add!

    Aha, you've realised it's good to decorate insides as you finish your cards rather than piling them up for later. I do that nowadays but not always at first - until I had to spend a whole weekend tackling a box of part finished cards - it was no fun at all! Boy, did I have a load of stamps to clean after that too - never again!

    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!