Friday, January 4, 2013

Welcome to 2013! 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Sketch Challenge #13 and ABC Christmas Challenge - Z is for Zoo Animals

 Hello dear blog friends and Happy 2013 to you!  My first post for 2013 is a Christmas card - does that seem weird to you??  Well... because of participating in and then becoming a DT member in the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Challenge I wasn't hurrying at the last minute to make a bunch of Christmas cards this past year. And...I didn't have to send out a single store-bought card out to anyone this year :o) because I had plenty to send out and remember all my wonderful friends, family, clients and coworkers. Plus... I had so much fun creating Christmas cards each week - it's like having a little piece of Christmas all year round.  So... if you'd like to find yourself in the same situation by this next holiday season I sure hope you will choose to play along with us this week (and each week thereafter) to get an early and relaxed start on your Christmas cards.  Oh... and here's something else that is quite exciting... we are having a Design Team call throughout January!  If you would like to apply for a spot on the 52CCT team please make a card for EVERY January challenge and ensure you add DT after your name when you link up your cards for the challenges.

So let's get back to the challenge at hand - this week Ruth has prepared an easy and very adaptable sketch for you.  Here it is:

And here is the card I made for 52 CCT for your inspiration  (I flipped the orientation for my card) and to enter also in the ABC Christmas Challenge - Z is for Zoo Animals:
I don't usually make New Year's resolutions but I have made three this year - 1) to get more sleep and exercise (please don't ask me to define "more" - at this point almost anything above what I'm currently doing is "more"), 2) to take better care of my hands (I'm in my late 40s but my hands are in their 60s - not good) and 3) to finish more insides of my card as I'm making them. You can see I'm setting myself up for success instead of failure by not defining "more" too strictly - lol!  So far #1 and #2 aren't off to a gang-buster start but... I have started #3 with this card (see below) - nothing fancy, but finished :o).

I so hope the you will decide to join us this week over at 52CCT!  The other fabulous DT members have created some beauties with Ruth's sketch to inspire you so please pop in to visit them too.  Don't forget about the DT call!  Til next time... hugs and happy new year crafting!   

14 comments:

  1. Lovely! I think the little bird skating is a really fun image. Good luck with your resolutions too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah - I think I'm going to call them promises instead of resolutions. Maybe I'll have more success that way :o)

      Delete
  2. What a fun card. I think the splash of red adds a lot to the mostly blue color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, I am LOVING the bold colors you used on this card! That little bird is darling, too! Beautiful creation, friend! HUGS and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :o) Light blue and red are one of my favorite color combos to use and I couldn't resist that darling bird. Hugs and Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  4. I love that snowy paper and the little bird image compliments it perfectly. A fun card! I was just like you and had lovely hand made, individual cards for everyone this Christmas, thanks to 52 CCT. Here's to a very creative 2013!

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise - looking forward to working with you this year on 52CCT! We are so blessed to have such a nice and creative team. Hugs!

      Delete
  5. So cute! I love the colors and that sweet little bird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl! I appreciate that you took the time to leave me a note - it made my day :o)

      Delete
  6. Adorable, love these colors together, great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Danielle, what a lovely, happy, cheery card, I LOVE it! The flipped orientation is fab too, what a great card you've made with my sketch, I'm having such a good time looking at everyone's cards!

    Good luck with your resolutions hun! Now, with the decorating the insides of your cards one - I WILL be nagging if you fall by the wayside LOL! ; ) Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...such a cute card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, great inside too! Great to see you at ABC Christmas challenge this time too, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!