Monday, January 28, 2013

'ABC' Challenges - Valentines

Hello!  So happy that you've dropped by to visit me today :o)  I made this card for the Valentine theme challenge at 'ABC' Challenges.  For some reason I had a hard time wrapping my head around the thought of that Valentine's Day is just around the calendar corner.  It's still so cold and wintry here (yuck!) - maybe that had something to do with it.  Nonetheless it will be here soon and I do enjoy telling my family and friends how much I love and appreciate them - so I am up for the challenge to make a valentine's card!  What better way to say "I love and appreciate you" than with a handmade card?  Oh.. a box of chocolates and a foot massage is nice too of course :o).

As simple as this card seems, I fussed around with with it for what seemed like a very long time.  I started out trying to use patterned paper (its quite unusual for me not to use DSP)  - but it just seemed to distract from the pretty doily and frilly heart - and the sentiment was really lost in all the busyness.  So I finally decided to forgo the DSP background (after trying 5 or 6 different ones). Then I felt like it needed some embellishments to keep it from looking too flat (this is also why I haven't been able to move completely into digital scrapbooking - not enough "touchy-feely stuff" for me). So I decided to add the pearls and flowers. I must have moved those resin flowers around the card 50 times before I finally decided that I liked where I had put them in the first place (so silly).  Somehow I kept feeling like I should add more - it felt too simple to me (this is why I struggle with the CAS concept in general - I always want to pile on more stuff).   After what seemed like forever (lol) I walked away from it and came back a while later. Suddenly I decided it didn't need anything else and I really liked it.  Whew.. finally I finished a  simple card with a wonderful message for Valentine's day.  Hope you like it too!

Please go check out what the rest of the DT at 'ABC' Challenges has made for your inspiration this week.  I sure hope that you will play along - can't wait to see what you come up with.  Til next time... hugs and happy crafting.


2 comments:

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!