Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Addicted to Stamps and More! CAS #5, CAS-ual Fridays #86, and Paper Players #129 (CAS Sketch)

Hello dear blog friends and followers! Thanks so much for coming by to visit me today - I'm sure glad that you did.  My card today is for Addicted to Stamps and More! CAS #5 .  Many of  you had read me say that CAS is super challenging for me - argh!  But... I must say that I LOVE how this card turned out this week - Whoo Hoo!  I think that I am living proof that if you keep practicing something you will get better.  Not perfect - but better :o).  This darling image is from Bugaboo Digi Stamps who is the sponsor this week at ATS&M.  I colored it with my copic markers. I also used my Stamp-a-MaJig to line up the sentiment (from Stampin Up!) that was in block form (another practice pays off technique).  So far I haven't fallen off the New Year's resolution wagon and am continuing to decorate the inside of my cards as I make them. Here's the sentiment on the inside - one I picked up at a garage sale last year (kind of wish I would have put a brown layer on the inside too - oh well... baby steps):

I used the sketch from The Paper Players Clean and Simple Sketch #129 (see below) to help me make this card.  And I made it longer and narrower than usual so I can enter it in the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #86 (CFC86)" Long and Short" - meaning it has to have one long side and one short side (no standard A2 size this week) - this card is 3 3/4" x 6 ".

Whether you are a CAS master, a practicing CAS cardmaker like me, or a newbie to CAS cards, I really encourage you to check out our challenge this week at Addicted to Stamps and More! and hopefully decide to play along. I would love to come visit your blog and see your lovely creations!  The other ladies on the DT at ATS&M have prepared some more inspiration for you too - won't you go visit them and maybe leave them a note?  

Til next time... hugs and happy crafting!  D

14 comments:

  1. Wow Danielle, super cute cas card! The sentiment inside of the card fits the image perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Danielle - perfect colouring too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is sooo cute, Danielle! You've coloured in the cute kitty beautifully. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! Love that image ... and your coloring is fantastic. Perfect sentiments (both front and inside)! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of our sponsors image, Danielle! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute image and great coloring technique. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week! Brian

    ReplyDelete
  7. A terrific image from Buagboo, love your colouring, also think the inner sentiment is perfect. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute image! Your coloring is perfect, Danielle! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This made me smile Danielle, love the image and great colouring!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that cute kitty and he's so beautifully coloured. Glad to see your keeping up with your 'insides'

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness... this is soooooooo cute! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Danielle - what a great card! You colored it wonderfully! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cute, Danielle! THat sentiment is SO perfect for with the cute image. Great shading, too! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Danielle. So adorable. Beautifully coloured. Love the sentiment. Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs, Florence xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!