Friday, January 25, 2013

Triple Time Stamping for 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown

Hello dear blog friends!  Is it just me or has this month absolutely flown by already?  I remember when I was little and my Grandma would tell me that time goes by faster as you get older.  I didn't believe her then, but I sure understand what she meant now.  Our last challenge of January at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown is "Triple Time Stamping".  I absolutely love using this technique.  Here's what I came up with:
Supplies (all from Stampin Up!): Cardstock: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke.
Stamps: Bells and Boughs (card front), Welcome to Bethlehem (sentiment inside).

Even though I kept it pretty simple - this technique produces stunning results.  I just used 3 larger layers for my card, but you could use more layers and/or smaller layers to get an even different look.  

To get the two colors on the flowers I inked up my stamp with SU markers (Riding Hood Red and Cherry Cobbler for the flowers, Always Artichoke for the boughs).  Then I added some bling to the middle of the poinsettias which created a gorgeous pop of texture and subtle elegance.  Seriously, I am so happy with how this turned out. I wish the pictures showed how pretty this really is IRL!  Here's a couple more from different angles:

and of course the sentiment on the inside:

If you haven't tried it before - now is a great time to give it a go.  The DT over at 52CCT  has prepared some cards using this technique that will knock your sox off :o)  Go check it out won't you - and leave them some love while your at it?  I hope you will decide to join us this week and share you Christmas card creations using this fabulous technique. Til next time... hugs and happy crafting. 

10 comments:

  1. Wow I love your take on this-a fab CAS approach to this-thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! So elegant and I adore the touch of bling in the centre of the poinsettia! I do like this more CAS version of triple stamping - endless possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pięknie, po prostu pięknie...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 'off the edge' style of your triple time stamping Danielle, and the inside too!

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle, I LOVE the way you used the technique for the corners! SO unique!!! Thanks for the felt pieces--got them yesterday! HUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely Danielle - it's a very pretty stamp set (one I feel which will be winging it's way to me very soon!!!) - love the positioning of the images and your gorgeous colours - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Danielle. Gorgeous card using the triple time stamping technique. Love how you've used it on the corners - so unique! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowsers Danielle - this is fabulous! I love that you've used different sized panels and the corner stamping is wonderful! I'm so glad you've shown that a more CAS approach can work so well with this technique! This has such a clean and uncluttered feel but is so stylish too!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I certainly know what your grandma meant Danielle! I love your triple stamp card where you've left plenty of white space in the centre. This is quite a versatile technique! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!