Friday, March 1, 2013

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - Louise's Sketch #15

Well here it is time again for another great challenge over at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and with a new month comes a new hostess - Louise.  Here is my card based on Louise's fab sketch:
Using some more of that fun SU Snow Festival DSP on today's card.  This is the first time I have used the mitten punch that I just had to have from the holiday mini.  I ran it through the Big Shot using the square lattice texture folder to give it the look of a knitted mitten. The ribbon is sweater trim in gumball green - doesn't it look snuggly?  It did make that sentiment panel kind of hard to get on the card though because of the thickness of the ribbon so I used some extra dimensions and popped the whole panel up a bit - have a look. 
And here's the inside - I left it mostly blank for more room to write my message and used the other mitten mate on the inside.
So there you have it for this week - I hope you like it!  I'm so proud of myself that I am continuing to keep up with the insides each time.  I haven't yet branched out into doing the envelopes yet - baby steps you know, but I'm considering it :o)  Hope you will decide to join us this week for Louise's sketch challenge over at 52CCT.  Please pop in and visit here to see what the rest of the DT has come up with.  Oh... and we have 3 new DT members starting this week - Deborah, Patricia and Sarah. We are so happy they have joined us!  

Thanks so much for visiting me today - I'm sure glad that you did.  Til next time... hugs and happy crafting! D

7 comments:

  1. Love your punched mitten Danielle - for a minute I though it looked as if you had knitted it! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Jacqueline--that mitten is AMAZING! I also adore the beautiful colors and fabulous papers you used on this card, Danielle! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the mitten was knitted! It's absolutely super. Love the fun papers - such a lovely card.

    I'm delighted to join the team - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the whimsical owls! The mittens are a fun touch, too. Great job with the sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mitten is fabulous, glad you told us how you did it Danielle! I LOVE what you have done with the sketch- there is so much dimension to it, especially the snuggly ribbon trim, and the owl paper is such fun. The inside is perfect too. I have such awesome team mates on the DT at 52CCT!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my friend, I LOVE your card! Great use of the Snow Festival papers and I adore the sweater trim and the mitten! I loved seeing another mitten inside too!
    {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card, love the pattern paper and the mitten.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!