Monday, March 4, 2013

Missed 'Em Both - ColourQ #178 & Seize The Birthday #8 {Masculine}

Hello!  I fully intended to participate in the ColourQ Challenge #178 (see below) - but found out tonight (3/5) when I went out to see the other entries that I had fogotten to link up to both this challenge and the Seize the Birthday - drat!  That's what I get for doing my post so late at night (rather early morning here). Oh well... hope you enjoy it anyway.  Here's the ColourQ sample:
I saw the inspiration photo and remembered that I had bought this peacock stamp awhile ago and hadn't yet used it.  I used the sketch over at Seize the Birthday #8 for this card as well.  This week at STB is masculine - the colors worked great for that, but I'm not sure how guys really feel about peacocks, but I decided to go for it anyway - lol.
 
 
I stamped the peacock using Midnight Muse on Summer Starfruit cardstock.  I tried stamping it first on Pool Party but it didn't turn out at well. I filled in some of the accent spaces with Pool Party (very similar to Cool Caribbean). I was surprised that the Pool Party showed up as well as it did when colored over the summer starfruite cardstock.  There are tiny little dots of Brilliant Blue on the peacock but it isn't terribly obvious, so I brought that color in with the sentiment.   
 
Guess that 's all for me tonight - need to go get my beauty rest as tomorrow is a work day.  Thanks for looking! Til next time...hugs and happy crafting! D 

3 comments:

  1. Well, I think it is awesome for a bloke! Love your colours. The peacock is awesome, Danielle! Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking at this stamp for a long time wondering what it would be like stamped - you have made a gorgeous card with it Danielle and I think I may be adding to my wish list! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This peacock stamp is beautiful, and I think you've picked great colors for this card! Your card has such an elegant feel to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!