Monday, March 4, 2013

'ABC' Challenges - Anything Goes, 4CCC #131 "Stitching", PPA135 - In Stitches

Hello everyone and Happy Monday to you! The challenge this week at 'ABC' Challenges is the ever popular "Anything Goes" - whoot whoot!  That's right, any theme, any sketch, any color combo, any technique - ANYTHING... as long as it's a card because after all that's what ABC stands for All Beautiful Cards. 

Inn addition to the Anything Goes purpose for which I have made this card, I am also entering it in the following challenges:
The Paper Players #135 - "In Stitches"
and
4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #131 - You've Got me in {Stitches}
 

My card uses both real (cross-stitching) and faux stitching.  This is my very first attempt at cross-stitching.  When I bought this little template kit the catalog description didn't say that you should already know how to cross stitch - well, I found out that it's harder than it looks and mine didn't turn out anything at all like the photo on the package (even after two other failed-ripped out attempts).
I added the large die-cut heart and put some faux-stitching around the edge to bring in the cross-stitching.  Was going great until I got distracted by the t.v. and starting putting my stitches too close together - oops!  I thought it still needed something to complete it so I added the gorgeous lace ribbon (helps to distract a bit from my un-even stitching around the heart too I think -lol).  I'm not sure what you would describe this style as - it's not really vintage, it's kind of shabby chic with a country charm to it, hmmm still not sure.  All said and done - I'm not in love with this card - but for a first attempt at cross stitching it's really not too bad and it does have sort of an imperfect charm to it. Hope you like it!

I do hope you will decide to join the challenge this week at 'ABC' Challenges.  The other lovely ladies on the DT have prepared some great cards to share with you so please pop on over and visit them. Start your crafting engines and get to work so you can share your beautiful cards with us this week :o) Check the challenge rules please though as we do limit the number of challenges you can enter to 10 (that is 9 plus ours).   Til next time... hugs and happy crafting!



11 comments:

  1. danielle your card is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect challenge to use the Sweet Threads bundle from SU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful Danielle - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surprised that you never did cross stitch before, because I think your creation is wonderful! I am wondering if it wouldn't be a bit easier if you used a few less strands? I didn't get that little kit, but it sure is cute, and you've created a sweet project that anyone would love to receive! Thanks for playing with my stitchy challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for playing our stitching challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card!! Look at all that wonderful stitching! Thanks for joining in my challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a great job at cross stitching. I like doing that on cards too. Loving the heart and the colors you used. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sweet little cross stitched cupcake is adorable and I love the extra stitching you added to the heart. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cross stitching is adorable, Danielle. That kit was on my wish list but hasn't made it into my hands yet! I like seeing what can be done with it. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cross stitching is fabulous! Yes, it takes some practice... but it's so fun. Love this card, the design is wonderful. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card. I love the cross stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!