Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sketch Challenge #6 for Addicted to Stamps and More!

Hello dear friends and followers - especially to my newest follower, I'm so please to have you join me.  Time for another great challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More! - a Sketch Challenge to be exact (see below).  Here's what I came up with to inspire you.  I took a little liberty with the sketch and used a different accent shape on my card (the crown and pins) instead of a circle. 

Now the border on the bottom is also a slight interpretatino and was not supposed to initially be there. But I had a boo-boo that I needed to cover from trying to pull something up that I didn't like.  I didn't want to completely start over - so I improvised (please forgive me Kylie).  The basics of the sketch are still there - which is really our main requirement.  We do want you to use it for inspiration and make it your own to share with us - but we should still be able to see the sketch that we gave you.  Anyway... pop on over to the ATS&M site and see the gorgeous cards our fabulous DT members have come up with.  I just think they are all so amazing - so will you, I'm sure. 

Here's a closer look at some of the details. I used a finger dauber to age the floral ribbon a bit. The pins are from my stash.  The sentiment is a part of a new set in the SU Spring Mini catalog called "Feel Goods". The paper is from a monthly card exchange group that I belong to . The challenge for this month is to use a piece of paper that someone else has brought and thinks is ugly - the "Ugly Paper Challenge".  I don't see a thing that is ugly about this paper - in fact I was quite pleased that I got it and hope that when I exchange it back - she will love it too.

Thanks so much for stopping by - I hope you will decide to participate in the sketch challenge this week at ATS&M.  I can't wait to see what you create. Til next time - hugs and happy crafting! 

11 comments:

  1. I forgive you!!! There is nothing wrong with your improvisiation, so I take it back because there is no need for forgiveness lol lol. I love your card Danielle. That row of flowers is just beautiful (and what a wonderful way to cover up a boo boo!). Gorgeous colours and sentiment too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Danielle, I love the paper too! Your flowers are beautiful and a great way to cover up a boo boo:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle. Great card. Love the row of roses and the stickpin embellishment is perfect. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little flowers are so dainty! Love all the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Danielle. I love the sentiment, so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the DP with crowns works perfectly with your choice of elements and design! LOVE the floral ribbon and pins, and it's such a nice sentiment too! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Danielle. I really like the paper you have used and those flowers are scrumptious! I definately would have to ask for them back!! lol!
    Take care,
    Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous sentiment, Danielle, and the silk flowers and pin look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this sentiment too Danielle AND that beautiful rose trim! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the crowns with that sentiment. They really compliment each other nicely. The pearls and floral ribbon are nice feminine touches to tie everything together. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!