Friday, March 29, 2013

ABC Challenges #22 - Easter & 4CCC #135 - Easter

Hello dear friends and blog followers - Happy Friday and Happy (almost) Easter.  Is it just me or did Easter kind of sneak up on us?   My how time flies...happens as we get older, I'm afraid.   I get the honor this week of sharing another card with you as a reminder that there is still time to join in on the ABC Challenges #22 - Easter (ABC22).  Here's what I've prepared to share with, and inspire you:
I decided to go with a more traditional Easter card this time.  I had this negative image sitting on my desk from a recent card and it looked like the perfect frame to use around this cross.  I also spotted the pierced oval cut-out on my desk and decided to add it around the image as well.  I really love the effect I got by layering these pieces.  I stamped the cross in Black and then colored in the flowers and leaves with watercolor pencils.  I had lots of these gorgeous flowers that I had been itching to use, so I added them around the framed image.  My Easter sentiment is on the inside instead of the front since I already have so much going on there.  I think this one will be hand delivered to my Grandma so that the flowers don't get all squished ;o)

I'm also entering this card in the 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #135 - Easter since I've not been able to join them for a while.

Hope you like today's card and that I've inspired you to play along with us at ABC Challenges #22 - Easter.  I sincerely wish for each and every one of you to have a very blessed Easter.  Til next time...Hugs and Happy Crafting. D 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card hun and thank you for popping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment...means a lot!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining our Easter challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure glad to have you back to play with us. I love the cross and those yummy flowers. Great layout too! Happy Easter! Thank you so much for sharing your incredible inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chick.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!