Friday, March 8, 2013

52CCT - Color Challenge #15 {Black, Metalic Gold & White}

Hello dear friends and followers - so happy that you are here to visit.  This week over at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - 52CCT Color Challenge #15 - the lovely Louise has chosen the very elegant combo of Black, Metallic Gold and White for you to play with.  Here's what I came up with:
Details: Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Basic Black and Brushed Gold
Stamps: Daydream Medallions and Word Play
Ink: Versamark then embossed in black
Other: Floral Frames Framelits, snowflake embossing folder (retired) and basic pearls
 
I realized after I glued everything down that my card base is actually very vanilla instead of white - oops!! However, I did add lots of lovely white pearls so I met the challenge - whew! 
 
I used the retired snowflake texture embossing folder for the black background.  The medallions are embossed in black ink over brushed gold cardstock.  I colored a few of the pearls black with a sharpie as well for a bit more contract.  Finished card size is 5" square.  I really love how this turned out.  This is the first time I have used the Daydream medallions and I love how it worked for a Christmas theme. Imaging how pretty it will look at a wreath...hmmm, think I'm going to have to try that soon.
 
Hope you will pop on into 52CCT as see what the rest of the lovely DT members have come up with for your inspiration.  Can't wait to see what you create!  It's off to bed for me tonight - I'm whooped from a long week at work.  Til next time... hugs and happy crafting!  

10 comments:

  1. Wow! This card is absolutely gorgeous. Is the Daydream Medallion an SU stamp? Oh no ....something else to go on the wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card you've made, Danielle! I like how you've used black ad background, and the the die cut frame has such an elegant look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! I love the embossed background and the beautiful gold medallion - fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, I love that gold carcstock! This card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this Danielle - totally stunning - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing, Danielle! LOVE the use of the non-Christmas stamps to create a Christmas card! And I LOVE the gold metallic paper! I think I need to buy some...and some silver! ;) HUGS, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The medallions adorned with the pearls are amazing! Fantastic job with this elegant, classy card, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Danielle, thank you for visiting my blog this evening and leaving such kind comments. I'm glad you did so I could make it over to your place and see this awesome card! It is gorgeous (even if it IS on Very Vanilla LOL). A mistake anyone could make... right? I am especially in awe of your carefully placed pearls. They are the perfect addition to complete your elegant creation. I had never considered using sharpies to color the pearls. A WONDERFUL tip - thank you! And thanks for sharing your amazing card. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card Danielle, love the medallions and the pearls are perfect finishing touches. I think we will be seeing the medallions again by the sound of it, and I can't wait!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my giddy aunt - that is one classy, gorgeous Christmas card Danielle, so luxurious! The texture and the brushed gold CS add such lovely, elegant touches! It looks like you're going to make wonderful cards with the Daydream Medallions set - I look forward to seeing the wreath card!
    {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!