Friday, October 31, 2014

Christmas Charm - 52CCT November Sketch & MTTC #265 "Charmed"

Happy weekend sweet friends and followers!
This week the stars aligned for me creatively and 
I was able to combine my two DT challenges into
one card. Kind of nice when that happens :o)

I'm in a Christmas mood and getting very, very close
to having my stash of Christmas cards done
and ready to go for 2014 - yay me!

If you are just getting started on your Christmas cards
for the season these two challenges might give your
creativity a jump start. 

The challenge this first week of November at
is this fabulous sketch

and the challenge at My Time to Craft (MTTC)
is "Charmed". So for MTTC #265, We want to see 
a charm on your beautiful creation.

Are you ready to see how I combined these two challenges?
Here it is:
Digital image by Sassy Cheryl's Stamps - "Snow Much Love"

If this image doesn't make you say "awwww" 
I'm not sure what's wrong with ya' - JK :o)
Seriously though I came across it and just couldn't resist it.

I decided to do something a bit unusual for me
and use neutral and warm colors rather than the
bright and somewhat non-traditional
colors I seem to favor.  

 I used a new embossing strip that I got free
recently with my purchase of a cardmaking magazine.
Really love how this turned out! 

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Creative Card Crew #73 - Bows
Festive Friday #43 - photo inspiration

Jingle Belles Challenges - Not a Creature was stirring 
Penny's Paper Crafting Challenges #201 - Anything Goes
The Outlawz - Friday Coloring Challenges - AG w/Christmas twist
Sassy Cheryl's Neighborhood - November Challenge - AG

I hope that I've inspired you to play along with us this week
at either/or 52CCT November Sketch Challenge 
& MTTC #265 - Charmed.
My lovely and talent DT pals at each of these challenges 
have made some amazing creations to further inspire you.
Won't you go visit them and see?
Thanks so much for stopping by - I'm sure glad that you did.
Til next time...hugs and merry crafting! D



23 comments:

  1. Such a an adorable image and so beautifully coloured! I do like the little charm on the ribbon - nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coloring and fantastic image! The embossing adds such great detail to the card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Danielle I love this card the image is just so cute and the embossed sentiment looks great.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card that really does have that awww factor to it and I love the embossing strip you added.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, thanks for joining us at Creative Card crew with our bow challenge hugs Tania (Dt ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little trio ... love the snowman shoes ... so very glad you joined our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!
    I love winter and fun in the snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Danielle! We call need snowman hugs! :-) Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bow with the little charm dangling, as well as the sweet image! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. c'est trop mignon Danielle, quelle amour de scène et cet embossage est trop joli, biz

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card! Thanks for joining us over at Festive Friday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that super-handsome snowman and you've done a great job with the sketch as well. so pleased you could join the "creature feature" fun at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely project!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card with a wonderful bow! Thank for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew.
    Hope to see you again
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, definitely an awww moment! A cute Christmas image, love the colours and great embossing too. Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a happy snowy, he looks so sweet & smiley....love the embossing hun looks great!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That image is adorable. LOVE the coloring you did on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Danielle, this is adorable! I love your gorgeous colouring on the sweet LotV image, and the embossed greeting is fabulous!!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That image is adorable and love the embossed greeting. I have just bought the same magazine hope my greeting embosses as well as yours did.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous!! Love that image!! LOVE the embossed sentiment!! Gorgeous!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges (DT Call until Nov. 22nd)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!