Saturday, October 11, 2014

MTTC Challenge #262 - Santa

Hello friends and followers, hope each of you are doing well!
I'm excited to share my DT card for My Time to Craft (MTTC)
Challenge #262 - "Santa" because I finally used a stamp set 
that a dear friend gave me a few years ago (thank you Patrice!)
but it had gotten stuffed in a basket only to be forgotten until now.
Take a look:

I'm just so excited over  how this turned out.  I used my Stampin' Up
markers to color the stamp and get the variation in the colors
Then I ran the image through my Big Shot using my new
Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle dies and cut the image into 
3 layers.  After gluing the first layer to the cardstock base
I then used dimensional dots to pop up the second layer. 
Ohhh...oops.. before all the adhering I used a sponge dauber
and ran it around all the edges using Baked Brown Sugar ink (SU)
to give it an aged look and more dimension.  The last piece of 
the three I dropped down inside the frame I had created with the
other two pieces and viola!! LOVE it :o)  
I used a Qtip to give Santa his rosy cheeks and lips. 

Here's a look at the very simple inside

I hope that you will join us this week at MTTC #262 and show us
your rocking Santa creations! My lovely and talented DT pals
have also made some fabulous creations for your inspiration.
Please pop on over and say "hi".

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #116 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Festive Friday Challenge #42 - Photo Inspiration (colors and bow for me)
Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge #121 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today!
Til next time...hugs and happy crafting! D 

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely vintage Santa image! I love how you've designed your card, hun, it looks fabulous!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, this is such a great, vintage card! I love vintage so it really spoke to my heart. It is simply beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is super Danielle, love the image and the way you have used it, great idea, gorgeous card.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you layered this card, and what a fantastic vintage Santa image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo you have the new Stitched Dies. I just got a new order the other day. I am so in love with those dies! Your santa is absolutely amazing, my friend. What a fabulous card. I have to apologise for not being around much but I promise I will be better. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fantastic - classic and vintage all at the same time! Great image and the little detail of the charm is well, charming! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation! Love your design and layout! Thanks for joining us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week!
    xoxo, DT Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, lookee who I've bumped into while playing along at the ATSM #116 challenge! ; ) What a beautiful Santa card Danielle, I love the layering effect you've achieved and the bow and tree charm are the perfect accents!

    * sigh * feel like I may need those dies, off to check if they're available in the UK now!

    Have a great week! {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh hun I just love this image & what you have done with him!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow I love your Santa, it really makes it look like a traditional Christmas card.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful vintage looking card! Lovely work! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Vintage Santa, and how beautifully you've colored him! So glad to have you with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty and unique design...I love it, too! The 'believe' inside is just perfect for that sweet vintage Santa on the front! So glad you could join us at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this D. The vintage look is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!