Friday, June 20, 2014

52CCT June theme challenge - Reindeer

Hello friends! Happy weekend - whoo hoo!
Time for another fun weekly challenge at 52CCT.
Good gracious...here it is the 3rd week of June already.
How are you coming on your stash of Christmas cards so far?
If you need some inspiration and/or a jump start check out this week's theme. 
This week our hostess Louise has chosen Rudolph or Reindeer as the theme.
We have a guest designer us this month Marie from NJ Stamping Queen!
Please go visit her and say "hi"!  We are really happy to have her with us. 

Here's my DT card:
Digital image by Bugaboo digis "Reindeer Xmas Goodies"

Don't you just love the look on this fella's face?
Not sure what he might be thinkin' but it makes me giggle :o)
I've had this paper a long-time (as in forever) and am tickled to finally use it.
I also used up some bits and pieces that were on my desk - tickets & snowflakes. 
As a child, every Christmas season my sisters and I would watch Frosty the Snowman
 and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.  I loved Rudolph! My card is Rudolph when he 
was covering his red nose in mud because the other reindeer teased him and he was 
embarrased for the little girl reindeer to see it (suddenly can't remember her name).
I can remember feeling so sad that he was teased :o(
Do any of you remember that too?
LOL - a fun childhood memory.   

I am entering my card in the following great challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenges - "L for little gifts"
Jingle Belles - A Christmas Story. Mine is Rudulph the red-nosed reindeer.

As you will see by the DT cards for 52CCT this week,
this theme can be interpreted so many ways.
You can make your card elegant, cute, vintage, CAS.
Please make sure though that the reindeer is the main focus on your card.

I hope to see your card in the 52CCT gallery this week!
Til next time...hugs and happy crafting! D

14 comments:

  1. Such a fun card Danielle. I love the bright colours, and that little guy is just fab! Cheers me up just looking at him! Hugs, Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. super coloré, super fun et tellement sympa, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! This card made me giggle too! Such a fun image and beautifully coloured. I really like the papers and the sweet Christmas tickets! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More fantastic colouring from you, Danielle, and Rudolph is full of fun! Glad you could use that lovely DP too, a great DT card
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun little reindeer ... so glad you shared your Christmas Story with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!!! Love your Bugaboo reindeer. Such bright fun colors, perfect for Christmas. Thanks for joining our 3 layer challenge at Holly Jolly Christmas.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodnesss! How cute is that little guy! LOVE him!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Christmas card. I like your layers and design. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun, fun and then more fun, what an adorable card Danielle! I love the fab background paper and the bright and jolly colours! From the look on his face I think Rudolph may have over imbibed on the egg nog LOL!
    Have a great week! {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really a perfect christmas card
    .Thank’s a lot for joining us at our L is for little gifts Challenge by ABC Christmas Challenge
    Good luck and hope to see you again
    Hugs and greetings
    Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO cute and fun, Danielle!!! LOVE your coloring, too! HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness, that might be the coolest and most fun reindeer i've ever seen!!! thanks for celebrating the stories of christmas with us at JINGLE BELLES!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So bright and FUN! Love the papers and the image is adorable. So glad you joined us for our Little Gifts challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This whimsical reindeer is sure to bring a smile to somebody's face when they receive this card! :)
    P. S. The girl reindeer is Clarice. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!