Tuesday, June 10, 2014

ATSM #99 CAS

Hello friends and followers - so happy you've stopped by to visit me today!  
Time for another weekly challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More!
ATSM Challenge #99 is CAS and we have a wonderful sponsor

Here's my DT card using a fun sponsor image:

Clean and Simple (CAS) is a tough one for me and this might just be pushing
the limits a bit as I've added that strip of dsp and a little layering. 
I did my best to follow the CAS style - the image is really the focal point,
 and there is a fair amount of "white" (non patterned space) at the top.   
I just couldn't resist adding that dsp. It looks like the ants are tromping across a picnic cloth.

If you want to see some examples of truly CAS card making, you should go
visit the lovely DT members at ATSM this week.  They definitely don't
have any struggles with this style and amaze and inspire me every month.
I hope that you will decide to join us for ATSM Challenge #99 - CAS!

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafting from the Heart Challenge #22 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes

That's all for me today :o)
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today - I'm sure glad that you did.
Til next time...hugs and happy crafting! D

    

11 comments:

  1. The gingham ds really does complete the picnic look. I think you made the right decision to add it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the DSP is so like a picnic blanket and such a cute image with fab colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you added the DSP for the picnic blanket. Genius!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the image, Danielle, such a fun card! The gingham is fabulous, gives a country feel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this card looks so much better with the picnic blanket than it would have without it, and your design still feels clean. A really cute one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous love the design. Love the ants. Popped in to say Hi....How you doin'.
    Hugs, Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and love the colours. Congrats on your new DT placement...I had to close down Memories to Keep due to a hacker, so my new one is up and running with a candy...if you want to join up and join in please do so.xxx aNNie xx



    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Danielle. In my books your card is still CAS and what a fab one it is! Love the ants, the picnic look paper and great sentiment, all perfectly fun. Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout! Thank you for joining the Crafting From The Heart Challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect picnic card - love the gingham cloth. Your colouring of the water melon is just fab. A really fun card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!