Tuesday, June 24, 2014

ATSM - Challenge #101 - Anything Goes

Hello friends, today I post with a mix of emotions as it is my last post 
for Addicted to Stamps and More!

Nearly two years ago this really lovely lady named Kylie 
offered me an opportunity to be on her challenge blog.  I was still pretty new 
to the blogging scene and not terribly confident in my card-making skills. 
 I had applied to a couple other challenges and received a "no thank you". 
Not that I blame them as I wasn't nearly at the caliber of some of their other team members.  When I applied with ATSM I fully expected the same answer, 
but to my delight I was accepted.  

Lately it's been challenging to keep up with everything and I knew that these next few months are going to be really busy.  I needed a bit of a break to re-group my personal life, and at the same time felt an inexplicable tug to try something new.  I didn't want to let the wonderful ASTM team down or ask for special favors, so I decided it was time to step down.  Change is good.  If we don't change we don't grow.  One really good change you will see is there will be several new talented DT members joining the ATSM crew in July.  
You are going to be wowed by their talents and personalities.  

Well I'd better get to announcing the ATSM Challenge #101 - Anything Goes 
and show you my DT Card.  We have a fantastic sponsor this week
and I've used one of the sponsor images on my card this week. Take a look:

It's kind of hard to tell (unless you zoom in) but those stripes on the dsp
are candles. Lots and lots of candles.  Still using my new banner die - just love it. 
I haven't put a sentiment on the inside yet but I think it might make reference to 
all those candles compared to that itty bitty cake :o). 

As I said, I move on with very mixed emotions.  Soooo love the ATSM team (especially Kylie - hehehe)! I've had so much fun on the ATSM Challenge DT.  I have seen many changes, met some amazing women who I will treasure our online relationship with 
forever (and hope to meet all of them in person one day), received tremendous 
support and encouragement and dare I say it...even improved a lot in my card making 
skills (and confidence) through the challenges.

Very sad to say goodbye :o(.  But...ready to embrace a change.     
It's not good-bye really, it's see you later (for now).  Kylie you aren't totally rid of me 
as I'll be joining in on some of the challenges :o). 

Today I'm linking up with these challenges:
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes (NO topping option)
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog #99 - Dots and/or Stripes

I hope that you will decide to join us this week at ATSM #101 - Anything Goes.
Please go visit the rest of the DT members and see what they have to share
with and inspire you.  Til next time...hugs and happy crafting! D

12 comments:

  1. Danielle - this is such a lovely post. Wishing you good luck with all your future ventures and I know we'll meet up again :)

    I adore your card - the backing paper is so cheerful. Great minds think alike - the dragon is fab. I do like Mr Blue Dragon - he's such a fun image and you've coloured him brilliantly. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh oh. I need the tissues as you are making me cry!! Danielle, you are really going to be missed. Your post is straight from the heart and that doesn't surprise me because that is what you are like. You are so warm and caring, helpful and an amazing friend.

    I LOVE that DSP you have used. The image is completely adorable and that banner just makes it all come together perfectly.

    We will certainly have to meet up one day - either at your house or mine. Perhaps we may even have to meet up in the middle lol :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout Danielle, love the candle bp and the dragon is too cute:) Good luck in any new ventures you try.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle. Time has passed so quickly, is it really the end of June yet.... So sorry to see you move on, but you are right, we only grow through continuing to change. So from the bottom of my heart wishing you all the best for any new ventures. Big hugs Monika
    Oh, almost forgot, love all the candles and your cute dragon, great card. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that day has arrived :( will miss u Danielle in the team bit we will catch up in the blog land, coz seeing ur cards makes me happy. They have all the happy colors on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card Danielle and just perfect for our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create, thank you for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute birthday card! I have some grandsons who would love it. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! That birthday candle patterned paper is adorable!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cue image, Danielle, and I love the bunting! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card, love the image and gorgeous colours. Thanks for sharing it with us over at LCC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally cute, a card perfect for any child, boy or girl! Love your colorful style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card. The dragon is cute!
    I've read your post and I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!