Saturday, May 19, 2012

4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #90 - Graduation


Happy Saturday to you all!  Many of you know that my son is graduating this year and I have posted a few other cards on my blog recently to share with you.   I was happy to see that the crew at 4 Crafty Chicks came up with a graduation challenge and that I could share another one with you (4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #90 - Graduation) today.  I decided to keep all the cards I am making for graduation in a clean and simple format because although I hope that some of them will keep the card, I realize that most of them are going to be more interested in the gift inside :o)  The inside has a pocket that says "Congrats... Happy Graduation" which is embossed in white on a black piece of cardstock.  A check or cash or gift card slips into it quite nicely (I apologize that I don't have a picture of the inside for you - my battery died right as I as taking this photo so now the camera is re-charging).   I was also able to use up some of my extra patterned paper stock from a couple years ago.  Not sure if you can tell but the caps on the DSP are flocked.  I snipped one extra one out and put it next to my sentiment (which I hope is also simulating the caps flying in the air). 

This is a really quick format to use to make up several cards when needed in a pinch and can easily be customized to the graduates by using DSP in their school colors.  Thanks so much for stopping in to visit and see my card - I hope you liked it :o)

Supplies: Cardstock - Basic Black and Whisper White (Stampin Up).  Stamp set - Delightful Dozen. DSP from my stash (hats) and Riding Hood Red from the Designer Series Patterned Paper Stack (SU).      

4 comments:

  1. Super cute....thanks for joining our Graduation challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, awesome job!

    Leanne DT 4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your clean and simple card. Congratulations to your son on his graduation. I am going to check out your other cards too. Thanks for sharing our challenge and for sharing our creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this graduation card! I agree with Tamie, the CAS look is awesome - yet it has definite WOW factor! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies for your nice comments :o) I love your samples for this too and the blog - I visit often but don't always get a chance to play along so I was glad to have this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!