Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dynamic Duos #3 & The Paper Players #96 (With Sympathy)

Hello friends - today I made a card for a couple of my dear friends who have recently lost a loved one.  It is never fun to make a card for this reason - but my hope is always that by sending a handmade card that the recipient(s) will know how much I truly care.  I was grateful to use both a color and theme from the following challenges to help me put this card together:
I hope this card qualifies as a clean and simple (CAS) card - I struggle a bit with the clean and simple concept. Even though it has several fussy-cut butterflies the lines of the card are clean and there is a good amount of white space (I think) to help it stay clean. It really is quite simple with the exception of the time it took to fussy cut the butterflies.  I did opt for the dry embossing dessert option for the Dynamic Duos challenge with the hearts on the daffodil delight strip.  Some of the butterflies are watercolored using a blender pen and the DD ink drops - the rest are stamped with black ink on Daffodil Delight cardstock and then cut out. 
 
These gorgeous butterflies are from a new stamp set called Papaya Collage that will be available June 1st.  The sentiment is from a retired set called Thanks for Caring.  Here is a couple more views of my card:

Thanks for stopping by to visit - I sure do appreciate it.  Hugs!

Supplies (all from Stampin Up!): Cardstock - Whisper White, Basic Black and Daffodil Delight.  Ink - Basic Black (classic) and Daffodil Delight. Stamps - Papaya Collage (NEW and available June 1st) and Thanks for Caring (sentiment - retired).  Polka dot paper is from the Designers Series Patterned Paper Stack - neutrals.  I used the Adorning Accents Textured Embossing Folders for the heart strip in the card. 

 
 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card. Love all the butterflies! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful card, Danielle. I have just lost a close friend myself and I believe you will get the reaction you are hoping for from your friends xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Danielle, love all the butterflies teamed with the polka dots. Thanks' for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Danielle - I'm in love with the layout and the colours you've used. Those beautiful butterflies just seem to float around your card! Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty sympathy card Danielle, love your flurry of butterflies! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these butterflies are so beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I wanted this card to be extra special for my friends. I chose butterflies because they symbolize peace and hope to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card. It is really beautiful! I am sure it will be well received. That Papaya Collage set is one of my new favs. TFS.

    Janet -- Stampinnerd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Danielle! The butterflies are indeed the perfect touch. Such a serene card that I know your friends will appreciate. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card, Danielle! The butterflies are the perfect touch. I am sure your friends will appreciate your thoughtfulness. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love the butterflies! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, Danielle! THe butterflies are so pretty flutterling around the card. I'm sure your friend will love your card and your thoughtflness. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players and Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!