Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dynamic Duos Challenge #2 - So Saffron and Pool Party

Hello Friends - Happy Thursday!  The color challenge this week at Dynamic Duos Challenge #2 is to use So Saffron and Pool Party (soft, romatic colors).  These colors say "feminine" and "happy" (like sunshine and sky) to me so my entry this week incorporates lots of layers, ruffles (compliments of the scallop edge border punch) and flowers (flowers make everything better!).  It's kind of a "thick" card and will need extra postage - but I think it was worth it.  My wonderful sister will be the recipient of this card.  Hope you enjoy this card and thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs.
Supplies (all from Stampin Up!):  Cardstock - Whisper White,So Saffron and Pool Party.  I stamped three flowers and then two more which I cut out with my paper snips and layered on top of the first three stamped images. I added the In-color brads to the middles for a little pop of color to go with the theme.  This gorgeous stamp set called Vintage Vogue is retiring the end of May - I wish I had used it more because it is so lovely.  You can still order it though if you love it on my website www.daniellevincent.stampinup.net until May 31st - then its retired forever.  This set has a great vintage feel to it.  I had originally ordered it for that reason and then found out that I struggle a bit with vintage, even though I so admire it when I see it.  I made the ruffle layers using the scallop edge border punch.  The So Saffron patterned paper is from the Designer Series Patterned Paper Stack - subtles collection.  

5 comments:

  1. That has to be one of my favorite sentiments from SU! :) Love your arrangement of flowers on this and how you popped a couple of them up for dimension! The scalloped borders add so much to your design too! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, this is absolutely darling! Love the cheerful flowers and the punched border accents. Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Danielle, love those fussy cut flowers and the brads! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies - I enjoyed this color combo challenge and the opportunity to play :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. Love all the fussy cut flowers and brads, along with the beautifully punched borders. So glad you could join in the fun with our challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!