Thursday, May 24, 2012

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown #5 - Nativity Scene

Hello friends!  The challenge this week at  52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown #5 is to make a Christmas card with a nativity scene on it. This is a hybrid card made using a combination of My Digital Studio (for the scene and sentiment from "Come to Bethlehem") and traditional cardmaking supplies (cardstock, patterned paper and ribbon). I haven't been able to go completely digital yet.  I still really love the depth and touch aspect of things like ribbon and rhinestones, and layers.  The hybrid is a great option because you get the best of both crafting worlds in my opinion.  Some advantages of digitial is that you don't have to store stamps that you may not use very often (in may case it was some Christmas sets and wedding).  Another nice thing about using digital stamps is the re-sizing option.  This image and sentiment that I used is available currently in both digital and as a clear (or wood) stamp set.  The color scheme is Not Quite Navy and Whisper White.

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit - I hope you saw something that inspired you.  Thanks ladies at 52CCT for the opportunity to play along with your challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Danielle! This hybrid card is absolutely AMAZING!!! I LOVE the use of the ribbon--and your blue is so very gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mynnette :o) Your comments are always so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!