Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mo's DP2 Challenge #133 & 4CCC Favorite Embellishment

Hello everyone - hope you are having a wonderful day!  Doesn't the cute little fella and his dragon just make you smile?  In deciding what image to use and the theme I wanted to use for this week's Mo's DP2 Challenge #133 - Anything Goes, I went with something to make me and hopefully others smile.  After 7 years of working for a great company, and wonderful bosses, I will be losing my job soon to a Corporate buyout.  There are many at this Company who have been there lots longer than me and some that were very near retirement age.  While this is a very sad event for me and so many others, I also see it as a new opportunity.  I try everyday to find something to give thanks for, or make me smile while I'm waiting for that new opportunity to reveal itself (and I have complete faith that it will).  So, I chose to make a card that would remind me and others to find a reason to smile and to enjoy the blessings we have been given (big and small).  I also decided to enter this in the 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge - Favorite Embellishment since this card uses one of my favorite embellies - ribbon.  Hope you enjoyed this card and thanks so much for stopping by!  Here's how I finished the inside and the suggested sketch from Iulia from the design team at Mo's Challenge is also there too.  Hugs!


Supplies:  Finished card size is 5 1/4" square.  Cardstock: Pacific Point, Whisper White and Green Galore (all Stampin Up!).  DSP is from DCWV - All About Boys stack, and Celebrations (red hearts strip) from SU!.  I used the Labels Collection Framelit Die for the main image piece.  Digital image is "Kitchen Knight" from Mo Manning's Digital Pencil Too and colored with Copic markers.  Ribbon is the 1/2" scallop dot ribbon is chocolate chip (SU!). The sentiments are from Stampin Up!.  Buttons and small red ribbon piece are all from my stash of stuff.  Ink color for sentiments is Pacific Point.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle...oh my gosh...is this ever adorable! I just smile when I see this Mo image...reminds me of the shenanigans my two boys used to pull when they were little! hehe! Gorgeous coloring...and I love the papers you used! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat! Isn't it wonderful to have those great memories? There are so many of Mo's images that remind me of someone I know and love and that makes it so much fun for me to use them for these challenges. My son used to tuck his plastic sword(s) in the waistband of his shorts, and he always had something on his head too - but never my collander :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!