Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mo's DP2 - World Traveler

Hello friends!  The theme this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge is World Traveler.  I chose this sweet little image called "tooth fairy" by Mo Manning for my card because after all who other than Santa and the Easter Bunny travels the world as much???  The big embossed circle is supposed to represent the moon - as the children as to be sleeping when she appears and the clear sparkle flourishes are the magic the surrounds her (like her cloak of invisibility).  I have some fun memories of my kids and the toothfairy escapades.  I can think of two times that the toothfairy didn't make it to our house somehow and the story I had to come up with to cover my tracks was quite inventive and creative if I do say so myself. But when cornered for an answer a few days after the second incident I had to give up the ghost and tell the truth and BOY was my daughter MAD, MAD, MAD at me - yikes!! 

I used Copic markers to color my image and if you look closely you will see I also used the copic Spica glitters markers on the area around the tooth, on her crown and in her wings (oh and also on the handle and clasp of her bag and tassle).  I had a bit of a mishap on her face this time - but it was tht last thing I did and didn't want to scrap her cause the rest of her turned out so cute.   Anyway... need to make the deadline and get this entered in the DP2 Challenge #136 - World Traveler w/a Mo's image so I'll wind it up and say Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you saw something that inspired  you.  Here's a closer look:
Details and Supplies: Digital image - tooth fairy from Mo Mannings digital pencil shop.  Cardstock - Daffodil Delight, Wisteria Wonder and Whisper White (Stampin Up). DSP - Sweet Shop and "new" Floral District (SU).  Flourishes - Sparkle flourishes from Close to My Heart. Sentiment is from Loving Thoughts (SU).

2 comments:

  1. Super cute. Fabulous colours too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Danielle! Love the colors and adorable image! Thanks for joining us for Mo's Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!