Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mo's DP2 Challenge #134 - Tickle My Funny Bone

Hello friends! Insomnia and inspiration have struck and here I am entering this card in Mo's DP2 Challenge #134 - Tickle My Funny Bone at this ridiculous hour of the morning.  I'm sure there are much less fun things to do when you can't sleep - but this is my vice :o).  The challenge theme this week as I mentioned above is humor using a Mo's image.  I thought this saying was just too cute with the darling image called "big shoes" (you can find this at Mo's Digital Pencil too). I love Mo's images because there are so many that remind me of someone I know and love.  This particular image reminds me of an old picture of myself (with the long curly hair) in my mom's shoes, and my own little girl who loved to put on my high heels and clomp around the house (she still LOVES high heels - and walks better in them than I do, I might add).  

I started off with a different DSP scheme in mind as I colored the image, but then didn't like how it came together. I think I might have used different colors for this paper if I had planned to use it initially, but thankfully it still came together nicely.  This card uses some new, current and retired products from Stampin Up.  The new is a sneak peak at the new Stampin Up 2012-2014 In-Color called Raspberry Ripple (cardstock and ink for sentiment) - oh I am so lovin' this color.  The sentiment is also new from Unity Stamps and Jillibean Soup.  The leaves are from the Two-Step Bird Punch (SU) and the pearls are also from SU (large and basic sizes).  The paper is from my stash of DSP called Raspberry Tart (2009).  The flowers are also from my stash of stuff that I just can't seem to get rid of.  Here's an up close look at my card:
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit - I'm sure glad you did! Hugs 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle! I just love this little Mo image. I just got her and can't wait to color her!! I love those bright blue shoes...they perfectly match the ribbon on her hat! She's such a fashionista!! Love the sentiment...makes me laugh!! Partly because there was a time in my life when I did just that...if I found a pair of shoes that fit, I would buy them in several colors! hahaha!! So gladyou've joined us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! Love the colrs you've used on this sweet image! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!