Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Creative Card Crew Challenge #10 - Sentiment as Focal Point

Hello and Happy Tuesday!  I just love the challenge that the design team at Creative Card Crew came up with for this round - Creative Card Crew #10 - Sentiment as the Focal Point.  I am a fan of quotes and the power of words and couldn't resist making a second card to enter in this challenge.

My son and several relatives and friends are graduating this year.  I wanted to give them a handmade card that they might want to keep (I kept all of mine), but I also think that many of them are going to be more concerned with what is inside (show me the money baby!) so I kept it clean and simple.   The message is what I really wanted to convey to each of them.  This is such an exciting time in their lives and the perfect opportunity to go out there and make their dreams happen. The inside has a pocket for money or a gift card with "Congratulations" sentiment on it. I'm so proud of the young man my son has become, and am so excited for the opportunities that are now in front of him. I have to admit though that I am not really ready for him to go away for college - what will he do without me for goodness sake - how will he survive (lol)?!  Really its more like "what will I do without him around all the time?"  He is also making me laugh - he is such a great big brother and his dad's best buddy.  Oh goodness - it's hard to realize that your baby has grown up and is going away soon  - how do parents do this?  I guess I'm going to have to get myself a Facebook account (gasp!) so I can keep up with him while he is away and hopefully I won't call him so many times that he is embarrassed and no longer answers :o).   Okay - enough of my rambling... thanks so much for stopping by to visit - I sure am glad you did! 

Supplies (all from Stampin Up!): Cardstock - Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black and Whisper White. DSP - Designers Series Patterned Paper Stack (neutrals).  Sentiment is from Word Play and the image is from My Digital Studio.

1 comment:

  1. Great card...I love that striped TP...so very striking paired with the sentiment! Thank you for playing along with our Creative Card Crew Sentiment Challenge...please come back to play again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!