Friday, May 18, 2012

Mojo Monday #241

Hello and Happy Friday!  Wow... I don't know about you but that seemed like a long work week for me and I am more than ready to enjoy the weekend.  My daughter is having a sleepover tonight so that means I will be up late crafting until they decide to go to sleep - yippee :o).  That way I won't feel so bad that I am pulling weeds tomorrow instead of making cards - LOL.  This is a card I made using the MOJO Monday #241 sketch (see below).  This card gives you a sneak peek of a couple new products that will be available on June 1st (Raspberry Ripple cardstock and ink, Midnight Muse ink  that are both are part of the new In-color 2012-2014 collection). That little banner strip at the top is also a sneak peek at some new DSP that will be available on June 1st too.  The flowers on the main image are from a beautiful stamp set called Elements of Style that I colored with my Stampin Write markers in Blushing Bride (retiring May 31st), Raspberry Ripple and Garden Green.  The humming bird is stamped with Midnight Muse (love it!) and then fussy cut with my paper snips. 

I don't know why, but lately I have really been into fussy cutting.  I usually get about half-way through and think to myself "goodness, this is time consuming, what was I thinking?"  but I do so like the look of it when I'm done that I forget how much work it seemed (especially without my readers - sometimes my arms are not quite long enough to see what I'm doing).     I used a couple different types of texture on this card - the stripes embossing folder was used on the card base and the square lattice embossing folder was used on the garden green layer.  The Paper Doily Large Sizzlit Die also adds a level of depth and texture to this card.  I sponged a little marina mist and pool party ever so lightly around the flower circle - not sure how well it shows up in the photo.  Here's a close up of the image:


This is such a fun sketch - I'm sure I'll be using it more than once.  Playing along with Mojo Monday is a great way to keep myself creatively challenged.  I would really encourage you to play along if you can - its lots of fun. And...I get so many great ideas from the other people who are participating.   Thanks for stopping by to visit - I'm sure glad you did. I hope you saw something that inspired you! Hugs.
 Supplies (all from Stampin Up!): Cardstock - Raspberry Ripple (new! and available on June 1st as part of the newest In-color collection), Garden Green and Very Vanilla.  Stamps - Elements of Style (120045 clear or 118611 wood).  Ink - Midnight Muse and Raspberry Ripple (new! and available June 1st as part of the newest In-color collection), Garden Green and Blushing Bride (retiring May 31st). DSP strip is from Patio Party  (new! and available June 1st).  Textured embossing folders: Square lattice textured embossing folder (119976) on the garden green layer, and Stripes (123128) on the card base.  The Doily behind the image circle was made using the Paper Doily Large Sizzlit Die (125592).  I added two large basic pearls (125577) to the card also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!