Wednesday, May 16, 2012

NONTRADITIONAL COLORS for 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown

Hello, hello and ho ho ho!  Mynette from 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown has issued a color challenge for Week 2 of May using Green, Purple and Silver or White (I used both).  For many, many years my Mom had a themed tree each year - and I do remember a purple and silver one once.  We also had pink, red, gold, silver, white flocked with all red decorations - you name it, but always a color theme.  My own tree is much more traditional with lots of the kids handmade ornaments on it and crocheted angels and very old Avon and Hallmark ornaments and sometimes a new one that I have found.  I laugh because there never is a theme - and it's almost a mish-match tree that looks different each year depending on what the kids want to put on it  - but it holds lots of memories for me when I look at it.

When I saw the Color Challenge #5 at 52 {Christmas}Card Throwdown I immediatly thought of a decorated tree - so I pulled out my new to me stamp set called Polar Party and decorated up those trees.  This turned out more "blingy" than I was going for - was trying for shiny christmas bulb ornaments (maybe should have colored pearls instead of rhinestones). I added even more sparkle with the silver glimmer snowflakes and Champagne mist paint around the corners of the card (to simulate a frosty scene.  I apologize if this hurts your eyes a bit with all this shine and bling - LOL- but I hope you see something that you like in it.  I love that it stretched me creatively to try some new things.  I also found out that shimmery projects are very hard to photograph - especially when there are so many different types of shimmer and shine - this is the best photo I could get :o(. This is the Inspiration Photo from 52CCT:
Thanks so much for stopping by - come back soon!  Hugs. 

Supplies (all from Stampin Up!): Cardstock - Garden Green (I used the snowflake embossing folder on the background piece), Whisper White, Brushed Silver, Silver Glimmer and Concord Grape (a 2010-2012 In-Color that is retiring on May 31st).  I used the Northern Frost sizzix strip to create two of the snowflakes (now retired) and another punch I've had forever.  The trees are from Polar Party (very cute set that I will be using more of with Polar bears and Penguins too) and the sentiment is from Curly Cute.   I sponged some Champagne Mist paint around the edges of the card front and colored some basic rhinestones with a purple sharpie for the tree decorations.  I colored the trees with my Copic markers.

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Danielle! LOVE the blinged up trees and your layout is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have too much bling - love your card Danielle, thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, very festive and sparkly, I LOVE the snowflakes - perfect Christmas card! Great layout too!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!