Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Round Challenge card {Cupcake Thief Birthday Card}

Hello friends!  It is a happy sunny day here today and I need to get out in my yard and do some weed pulling and cleaning up - but before I do that I wanted to quickly share a fun card I made that I would like to enter in two fun challenges:
The star of this card is a darling image from Mo Manning's Digital Pencil shop called "cupcake thief". This reminds me so much of my daughter who is absolutely in love with all things cupcakes.  She is constantly baking cupcakes just because she loves to decorate them - then we share with her friends at school and my friends at the office. 
This card has a sneak peek of some of the new Stampin Up! products which will be available June 1st.  The DSP is called Patio Party which is perfect with this darling Mo's image! This DSP uses a  lot of the new 2012-2014 In-color collectionswithin its patterns.  I also used a couple of the new In-color collection cardstock colors called Summer Starfruit and Raspberry Ripple and Midnight Muse ink on the sentiments (also a new In-color).  

I colored this digital image with copic markers. This card is a finished size of 5" in diameter. My biggest sizzix circles were 4 1/4" so I had to use a couple plates and CD holders to make my other layers (don't look super close because my old eyes had to then cut around the circles I traced). My circle has a flat spot at the top so that the card will stay together and open nicely. I scattered the sentiments a bit to mimic the topsy turvy layering of the cupcakes as this darling sprite is escaping with them. The bitty clear hear buttons are a tribute to my cupcake loving daughter.   Here are some more views of the card:


Thanks so much for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed this card and saw something that inspired you in some way! 
Supplies (all from Stampin Up unless noted otherwise): Digital image - "cupcake thief" from Mo Manning coloured with copic markers.  Cardstock - Summer Starfruit, Raspberry Ripple, Pool Party and Whisper White.  DSP (inside and card front)- Patio Party.  Ink color is Midnight Muse.  Sentiments (card front) are from Petite Pairs and Create a Cupcake - inside sentiment is from Fiskars clear stamps.  Clear bitty buttons.  Circle punches and Spellbinders circles. 

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Danielle! Great circle design and fun image! Thnaks for joining us for Mo's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Danielle! I love what you've done with this sweet image! The sentiments are perfect, too! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!