Monday, May 28, 2012

A One Layer Card for C4C138

Happy Monday to you all!  I'm so very thankful to have a paid holiday from work today.  Its rainy and cold yet again today and is a great day to stay in my jammies and make cards and scrapbook - Sweet :o)!

This is my one layer card for the Crazy for Challenges (C4C138) theme.  I don't know about you but I find one layer cards incredibly hard to pull off - so I thought this was a great challenge to play along with.  I really like how this one turned out but I started with two other ideas that ended up in the trash can before I made this one.  The first one was just a dud - plain and simple - looked like a 5 year old made it - seriously!  The second card started out great but went downhill very rapidly.  I was trying to make circles on the card with superfine glitter. I will tell you that I have decided that I Do Not Like Glitter anymore {big frowny face}.  I had it all over me, on my desk, in my mouth, up my nose (I am still not entirely sure how I managed to do that - must have breathed in too deeply at some point) and on my eyebrows  - oh my goodness, what a mess it was!  Anyway success on the third try - HOORAY!

This darling little nurse and her patient are a digital image from Mo Mannings Digital Pencil shop, colored with Copic markers.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up! from a set called "Word Play".  I colored parts of the stamp separately with Stampin Write markers in Basic Grey and Baja Breeze inks.  Hope you like this card and thanks ladies at C4C for challenging me with this fun theme!

2 comments:

  1. JUst Gorgeous. Fabulous image..LOving your colours and this sentiment.
    Chrissyxx
    One layer card do seem hard to do lol..
    But it's turned out Fabulous in the end...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chrissy :o) I guess the third try was the charm - LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!