Thursday, May 31, 2012

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - Embossing

Hello friends - it's time for another Christmas card for the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Embellishing Challenge #5 - Heat or Dry Embossing.  But before I tell you more about this weeks challenge at 52CCT, I am so excited to share with you that my card from last week was chosen as the Top Honor!!! Isn't that awesome?? What a tremendous confidence booster and really such an honor for me :o)  So... check it out if you get a chance and maybe make a card yourself to join in the next  challenge.  I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Now back to this week's challenge.  I chose dry embossing for my card - mostly because this is one of my favorite techniques to add texture on my cards, but also because everyone else is asleep and I didn't want to fire up my heat gun and cause the dogs to start barking - LOL.

This card has several sneak peeks at a some new products from Stampin UP. The DSP is called "Be of Good Cheer", the card base is made using a new in-color called "Gumball Green" and the bird stamp is from one of the new hostess set "Four Seasons".  I also used another new in-color called "Primrose Pink" on some of the snowflakes.  All of these products will be available starting June 1st. 

Thanks so much for stopping in to visit - I'm sure glad you did and I hope you saw something that inspired you to go create something fun! Hugs. 

3 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card - love the colours and the image is gorgeous (I love Stampin' Up) - thanks for joining us again at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card again, Danielle!!! LOVE the deep embossing of that folder--it's gorgeous in green! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT--stay tuned for a special announcement this Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies - I am loving playing along with your challenge. Mynnette, you're such a tease! I can't wait to see what the special announcement is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!