Sunday, May 6, 2012

Monochromatic for Divas by Design and Mojo Monday 239

Hello everyone.  This past week has been somewhat of a blurr for me, crazy scheduled, somewhat stressful and I'm feeling a little sorry for myself that I haven't had any "fun" time for me.  I missed participating in a couple of my favorite challenges :o(  but I can say that I got a ton done that needed to be taken care of - and that's a good thing (always look for the positive) :o).  The MOJO Monday challenges usually help kick start my creativity and I had just enought time to get a card in this week.  I decided on the round shape for the Mojo Monday 239 Challenge because I already had this shape on hand from when I was designing baby cards for a recent workshop.  I had intended to make a bib out of it - but didn't get it finished in time.  I was a bit stuck with what to do with it though because everytime I looked at it, all I saw was baby (and quite frankly... unless I have a whole lot of friends who have babies in the very near future, I'm set for a long time on baby cards - LOL).  I saw that the Divas by Design challenge 33 was Monochromatic so I decided to work with the blue theme and see what I could come up with.  I am generally more inspired when I have a subject or occassion in mind, but  after a tough week my brain was still not in the creative mode and I couldn't seem to come up with a person in mind who loves blue. So... I decided to think of a theme that I have very little cards on hand for and noticed that I didn't have a single "get well" card and there have been a few times this past year it would have been handy to have one.   If you are still with me after all that rambling - thanks so much!  I sure do appreciate that you stopped by to visit my blog.  Happy Sunday!

Supplies (all from Stampin Up!): Cardstock - Bashful Blue and Marina Mist.  Bashful blue DSP from the Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack.  Bashful blue tafetta ribbon.  Sentiment from Delightful Dozen stamped with Marina Mist Ink.  I put a few little flowers from the Bordering on Romance Set at the top and bottom of the sentiment (using Versamark) - it turned out a little too subtle for me so I decided I needed to add a little bling with the basic rhinestones (colored with a sharpie marker).  I also used the decorative label punch.  The cardbase is made using the Sizzix Scallop Circle die.  I used the perfect polka dots textured embossing folder on the first layer (this is one of my favorite texture folders).   
Finished card size is 4 1/2" round and fits in the medium square envelopes.

2 comments:

  1. I love this card, really beautiful! Mars x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mars - I thought it seemed like a peaceful card for someone who might be healing. Appreciate that you left me a note :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!