Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Retrosketches #9

Hello friends!  This is a card I prepared to enter in the Retrosketches Challenge #9 - based on the sketch below.  This sketch helped me use several items from my extra stash that had been laying on my craft table for awhile.  These little butterflies are the extras from some thank you cards I made (using a technique that I saw on the blog of Mary Fish called Stampin Pretty).  They are first stamped in versa mark then embossed in Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango. Then I took a finger dauber to randomly place some color in each butterfly using melon mambo and pumpkin pie classic inks - a fun process. After the inking process I used by Stampin Up Butterfly punch to cut out the shapes.  I had stamped this sentiment strip (from an older SU set) for a different card quite a while ago that I decided not to use at the time - but this time it worked perfectly.  So... after deciding on the first two elements I needed something that would then bring it together and none of my pattern paper seemed to fit the bill for what I had in mind. So, I dug around in my stash and came up with this fun, leafy flourish rub-on.  I used my often neglected confetti white cardstock because I like the specs of pinks, oranges and greens that give the card a little more depth (not so flat looking).    Hope you enjoy my clean and simple card for this challenge and thanks for stopping by to visit! 

Stampin Up products used: In-color 2011-2013 cardstock (lucky limeade). Embossing powders - Tangerine Tango (123106) and Melon Mambo (123223). Butterfly punch (119848).
Note:  Stampin up products used that will be retiring at the end of May 2012 are: Confetti White cardstock (102028) and Flower Fest (122278 wood or 122280 clear) for the butterflies.  Five of the six stamps in the Flower Fest set have a coordinating punch - it would be a good one to get before it retires as it is very versatile.

P.S.  I am working on figuring out a better system for taking photos of my cards so that they showcase better on the blog (especially the lighter colored ones).  If you have some ideas that you would like to share with me as far as a good set up - or what works for you, I'd love to hear them! 

1 comment:

  1. Your butterflies are so light and pretty Danielle! Glad you played RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!