Sunday, May 27, 2012

FMS36 and 4CCC #91

Hello friends - I woke up to snow this morning and was super bummed because my sister, cousin and I have a graduation party planned for our kids today.  The majority of it was to be outside - but now we have Plan B and are moving the party inside. And my husband was laughing at me  yesterday because I pulled out my gloves.  Today my wardrobe will most like consist of a hat and gloves and warm coat as i pop in and outside at the party.  My poor flowers and trees were really starting to bloom - hopefully this won't have affected them too much.  Hope it's nicer and more like spring wherever you are!
 
I am rushing to make the deadline today for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #36.  It is such a fun sketch I couldn't pass it up.  I am also entering this card in the 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #91 - Color Challenge which calls for a combo of Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy and White.  I really like how this card turned out -  it can be feminine or masculine and is very clean and simple in style.  Hope you like it too!

Here is the great sketch from FMS36 and the colours from 4 Crafty Chicks:
This card has a sneak peek at one of the new hostess sets that can be earned for free starting in June.  I colored the yummy cupcakes with my Chocolate Chip and Marina Mist Stampin Write markers.  The ink color for the sentiment is Not Quite Navy.  I used the 1" and postage stamp punches on this card as well as the 1/2" circle punch.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hugs.

6 comments:

  1. Great job combining the two challenges! Really great card, and I love the way you colored the cupcakes. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you've done with this! The colours are superb, and it's just a clean, fun card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Danielle ...that stamp set works so perfectly with this weeks sketch... your card is clean and very stylish!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, love this color combo! Such a fun stamp! Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very much everyone! I've had cupcakes on the brain lately since my daughter is constantly baking them (she wants to have her own bakery someday). She made a bunch for a graduation party we had yesterday. When I finally got to sit down and relax I grabbed one of those cupcakes - and somehow I did feel calmer LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you used the colors for this sketch. Oh how you made the cupcakes look so yummy. Thank you soooooooooo much for sharing your creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!